The Rock Shop is now OPEN for members to use!
When you’d like to receive instruction and work on your projects, the procedure is as follows:
- Review the schedule.
- Call the volunteer 24 hours before the day you’d like to have access to the Rock Shop
- Agree upon a time to meet
- Location of the Rock Shop will be provided by your contact person.
- Allow time to clean up the equipment you used as the volunteers are not responsible for cleaning behind you.
- Fees: $2/hour for use of trim saws and polishing equipment. Large rock saw use, $5/cut
- Items to bring: rocks/stone to be worked on. Safety glasses when cutting stones. Magnifying reader glass may help when polishing. If you have old rags for wiping/drying your stone, bring them.
- Have fun and show off your GEM’s at the next meeting!
Click here for: ROCK SHOP VOLUNTEERS